Software developer, architect and engineer
Company:Visit Rugila Technology for the software company I founded and work for, where we offer:
- I am a full-stack software engineer with more than 10 years of experience.
- Major technologies I use are:
- Python: Highly experienced with Django
- JVM: Java and Clojure (and ClojureScript for frontend)
- .NET: Experienced with C# and authoring Office addins
- Backend technologies and various databases & datastores and event processing systems: Postgresql, Redis, Elasticsearch, Storm
- Devops: Extensive Linux experience, 10+ years running Debian and Ubuntu based systems, running and configuring production stacks using software such as ansible, fabric
- Software products:
- Rugila Discovery: Search and discover all sensitive and personally identifiable information within your company to comply with GDPR
- Rugila Classification: Tag and classify your Office and other digital documents so that you can track their usage and prevent their distribution outside the company
- Rugila Production Manager: Plan, execute, measure your production and manufacturing pipeline within your factory in order to increase yield and quality of your products
- Software consultancy services in digital transformation, modern web and enterprise app architecture and development
Blog:Read articles at my blog, http://blog.ustunozgur.com
- I am a software developer with more than 10 years of experience. See the section above about technologies I am experienced with.
- I graduated from Bilkent University Electronics Eng. Department, and then completed my MSC thesis under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Erdal Arikan, the inventor of polar codes. My thesis was one of the first MSc thesises that studied polar codes and its viability for practical use in modern telecommunication technologies. Polar codes were recently accepted in the 5G standard. Read my MSc thesis here: A Performance Comparison of Polar Codes with Convolutional Turbo Codes
- I was one the co-founders and lead engineers of SellerCrowd, where I led the technical development of the company and served as the CTO for almost 6 years. During this time, SellerCrowd became one of the most important tools for media sellers, reaching tens of thousands of paid users from the advertising industry in the US. Our members includes media sellers from major US based advertisement media companies, including Google, Spotify, Time Mag etc. SellerCrowd is now an established, multi-million dollar company.
- Thanks to my experience in building modern web applications, I helped transformation at Ziraat Technology, technology subsidiary of Ziraat Bank, Turkey's largest bank for their migration project from .NET technologies for the branch software to modern web based software using React and related technologies.
- I gave multiple trainings at major enterprises in Turkey, including the following:
- Avivasa, one of the leading insurance companies in Turkey, where I also gave consultancy during their IBM AS400 middleframe to Java Spring transformatin project
- Fibabanka, a Turkish bank founded by Husnu Ozyegin, a prominent Turkish businessman
- Ecozum, an important financial company in Turkey, offering payment integrations
- Insider, the leading Turkish startup, a major candidate to become the first Turkish unicorn startup
- MEB, Turkish Ministry of Education, as part of their Fatih project where they develop online education apps
- Hurriyet Gazetesi, one of Turkey's leading newspapers